Buying a home can often be a scary and daunting endeavor! Below are some steps that will guide you along the process.
- Meet with a Real Estate Professional – I recommend a Realtor like me, REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and we maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. I will send you a variety of properties to help you understand the market so that you can make a more informed decisions. As the home buyer, my commission is paid by the seller in almost all circumstances. This means your representation cost you nothing!
- Get Pre-Approved – You will need your pay stubs, w2s, and bank statements. Knowing what you can afford is critical to a successful home shopping experience!
- Search for Homes – The fun part! As your Realtor, I will schedule showings and help you find the perfect home! Remember, not all real estate websites are the same. As your Realtor I have tools and systems to ensure you see every available home that meets your criteria.
- Make the Offer – As your Realtor, I will prepare the offer based on the price and terms you choose. Remember in North Carolina Buyers typically writes two checks, one for the due diligence period the other is for earnest money. As your Realtor, I will explain the details and restrictions associated with these payments.
- Negotiation and Contract – It may take a few tries to get your offer excepted, especially in this current market, but hang in there! You're on your way! In most cases the contract provides you with a timeline to obtain financing, as well as time to inspect the physical condition of the home. As your Realtor I will Inform you of your rights and responsibilities related to the contract.
- In Escrow – You and the Seller have agreed to the price and terms . The home is effectively held for you until closing.
- Preparing for Closing – Perform due diligence, order the appraisal conduct ,inspections, and review terms with your lender. You will be finalizing your loan, reviewing documents and discussing the findings from the inspections. As your Realtor, I will be managing this entire process for you.
- Closing – This is the transfer of funding and ownership. A title company or attorney typically acts as an independent third party to facilitate the closing. Remember wire fraud is on the rise, so never take wiring instructions from any source other than a secure site from your closing attorney or title company.
- Once the transaction is funded and the deed is recorded, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE A HOME OWNER! SMILE FOR THE PHOTO!